15 Easy DIY Ways To Update Your Old High Heel Shoes
Tuesday, July 21, 2015 by Jessica Booth
There’s nothing quite like a good pair of high heels… for me, anyway. As a petite girl who loves fashion, I can’t get enough of anything that makes me look and feel a little bit taller. I know that high heels aren’t for everyone, but even if you don’t love them, you should read this post – it might change your mind!
The worst thing about heels is how easily they wear. I have so many worn-out pairs of heels that have scuff marks or chips or that just generally look old. But as they get older, they get more comfortable, so I’m hesitant to throw them out. Well, I don’t have to, and neither do you. These easy tutorials show you how to make your old heels to look brand new again. Ready to do some DIY magic? Here are 20 easy DIY ways to update your old heels.
1. If the toe part of your heel starts to wear down, simply paint it black.
2. If you’re bored of a pair of plain heels, add a little lace for a feminine look.
3. Sometimes the soles of our heels start to look funky. If so, you can color them for something fun!
4. If your patent leather shoes are starting to look really old, cover them with fabric for a totally new look.
5. Make plain shoes more fancy by adding ruffles.
6. Want a pair of houndstooth heels but don’t want to spend the money? Make them yourself!
7. Use mod podge and cool comics to make a very unique shoe.
8. Add beads for the perfect summery heel.
9. If the heel part looks bad, cover it up with some glitter. So easy!
10. Use jewels to make plain shoes instantly glam.
11. I love these because it looks like studs, but it’s paint – meaning you don’t have to worry about studs falling off!
12. Make two cheap black shoes merge to become one adorable one.
13. Jeweled heels are always a big hit.