July 21, 2017 bySwati Talwar
The hunt for the right pair of heels might look like a never ending quest for perfection, that is until you spot the divine Christian Louboutins. Boasting of an unparalleled finesse, Christian Louboutin women shoes have continued to win hearts for 26 years since the first pair was introduced.
The eye-grabbing red sole of a Christian Louboutin is what makes fashionistas so infatuated by them. The fact that they can be styled with any outfit easily is definitely a bonus.
When to wear your Christian Louboutins and how to look your best in them:
What should you wear with your Christian Louboutins? The answer is “everything”. This is another reason why these heels are valuable investments. But here are some styling tips to spark your creativity in putting together the perfect outfit for your Christian Louboutin and rock the moment.
Christian Louboutin flats:
When it comes to flats, Christian Louboutin has a huge assortment of the most stylish women ballerinas, Derby shoes, boat shoes, loafers, mules, and women sandals. There are also cool sneakers you simply cannot miss. Comfort has not been the prime focus of Christian Louboutin shoes, but the flats from the brand are exceptions. These are not just comfortable but are also trendy. This is what makes them popular choices along with casual outfits.
- All types of ballerinas including the strappy ones, lace up shoes, open side and others are available in Christian Louboutin ballerina collection. You could easily complement a dress or a skirt with this pair of ballet flats.
- The classy ones like the Ballalla flats could be teamed with formal attires. These exemplify elegance and come in comfortable designs that make them convenient to be worn all day long.
- Sneakers from Christian Louboutin have no match if you are looking for something fresh and casual for a day out. These can be teamed with cropped trousers and denim for that chic look!
Christian Louboutin women pumps:
The glossy pumps from the brand, the metallic collection make perfect footwear for party outfits. Are you looking to feel and appear like a celebrity for the evening? Pick from the sky-high pumps that would make head turns as you saunter like a Goddess.
As Christian Louboutin says, “To feel like a woman, wear heels, to feel like a Goddess, wear five inches ”. These pumps give the feet the perfect rise and the apt curve to the arch that perfectly adorns the feet making them look more contoured. They also naturally add to your soaring confidence! Find a pair of pumps for yourself here.
- Wear them with a pair of denim jeans and accessorise with a dressy jacket to be red-carpet ready in style.
- Printed cropped pants are the show-stealers this season and nothing can complement this pair of shoes better.
- Are you wearing a gown? There could be nothing better to go with it than the strappy pumps from this brand. If a little black dress is your go-to outfit, then the red shoes from Christian Louboutin would most definitely never let you down.
Christian Louboutin women boots:
What better than the vibrant red soles to instantly add colour to a dull winter day! Looking for a no-fuss pair of classy boots to shield you from the cold winds? The brand has several to choose from. With extra length and extra height, these boots also come in beautiful mirror finish variants.
- Flaunt your skinny jeans and leggings/jeggings by teaming them with a pair of Christian Louboutin boots. Find your pair here.
- A skirt could also create an interesting combination with these boots. Adding just the right amount of style and protection for winter, Christian Louboutin boots are perfect matches for skirts.
- Your wardrobe would not be complete without a pair of nude pumps from Christian Louboutin. These are easy choices that can perfectly blend with any outfit of any colour.
- If you are unsure about what to wear to a party with that stunning dress you purchased, then Christian Louboutin pumps are the easiest choice. These come in several neutral colours which are great to invest in, and could be worn with a variety of dresses. Shop from a range of pumps here.
- While the red soles themselves bring out your boldness, if you are looking to add some extra oomph, choose from the metallic finish variants to shimmer in your evening outfit. The metallic finish of these shoes combined with the red of the soles results in an effect that is simply irresistible.
- Have the right set of heel heights. There are flats, few 3 inch variants and several taller than that. Having a right mix of these would make sure that you have one for every occasion. With the flats, you are ready to go all day, and these are perfect for those days when you are always on the move. For a balanced option, you have the shorter heels. But nothing beats the charm of the high heels from the brand.
- A wedding is often the most special occasion in one’s life, and so much effort goes into choosing the bridal outfit! If you are looking for the best pair of shoes that would add a lively vibe, nothing better than the Christian Louboutin bridal collection!
11 things we learned from Christian Louboutin: The World’s Most Luxurious Shoes
- Bibby Sowray, Fashion News & Features Editor
12 August 2015 • 11:55am
We watched Channel 4’s Christian Louboutin: The World’s Most Luxurious Shoes with intrigue last night. The Parisian shoe designer has long been one of our favourite fashion figures and this documentary promised unprecedented access to him. So, what did we discover about the red sole connoisseur? Read on to find out…
1. He has a devoted Bangladeshi butler, Safquat, who goes everywhere with him and caters to his every whim, even on holiday.
2. The very first shoes he ever designed were inspired by the famous image of Diana, Princess of Wales sitting in front of the Taj Mahal during her visit to India in 1992. “I remember the picture at the time of Princess Diana and she was looking at her feet and I thought she looked so sad….It would be nice to have something to make her smile, when she looked at her feet.” So he made a pair of flat suede pumps with the word ‘LOVE’ written in his signature red, ‘LO’ on the left foot, ‘VE’ on the right.
3. His ‘So Kate’ heels were inspired by Kate Moss while he was fitting her for shoes for her wedding celebrations. The model has countless pairs of his iconic ‘Pigalle’ heels, so Louboutin decided to “reshape” it slightly and make a version perfect for her. He lengthened the point of the toe, closed the heel in more, made the heel pin-thin and higher.
4. He has four homes around the world. All of them are perfect.
5. Heel fact: the shorter the distance between the tip of the heel and the sole, the harder it is to walk in them. The greater distance, the easier it is.
6. Despite a huge personal shoe collection (he has over 100 pairs in his Paris home alone) he often thinks he doesn’t have the right shoes for the right occasion – which, he says, is great because it gives him design ideas. He keeps his shoes in categories; spike-embellished in one cupboard, metal-tipped in another, and sneakers in another.
7. After a lifetime of assuming he was adopted thanks to a skin tone that was significantly darker than his three sisters’, in 2014 Louboutin discovered that he was the product of a passionate affair his mother had with an Egyptian man. Ironically, in 2012 he had said in an interview with The Scotsman: “I felt I wasn’t French. My family was very French and so I decided they had probably adopted me. But instead of feeling it was terrible and that I was an outsider who had to go and find my real family, I invented my own history, full of characters from Egypt because I was very into the pharaohs.”
8. Unfortunately for us, Mr Louboutin will never consider doing a lower-priced line, despite being asked many times before, because it would compromise quality. “It would offend me to put my name on a design I would not be proud of. It’s non negotiable.” he says.
9. He’s very matter-of-fact about what he does. “I think that I make very useless work and I’m very proud of it.” But, he adds, “It’s very important to design things that you don’t need.”
10. He’s affected by affection, not business. If it all went tomorrow, he wouldn’t be that bothered. “Love life and love who you are. That’s what you should try to do.”
11. He doesn’t have a business model for his eponymous company, he just kind of goes with it. “There is no business model, as there is not much business model to what I am doing in general.”