20 Style Tips On How To Wear Lace Up Sandals This Spring And Summer
Saturday, May 14, 2016 by Jessica Booth
Lace-up shoes started to become more popular towards the end of last summer, when they were spotted on basically every single style blogger who graces our Instagram feeds. I wasn’t sure if they would regain their status when the warm weather started back up or be forgotten about forever, but… they prevailed! You can’t go anywhere without seeing at least one pair of lace-up flats, heels, boots, or even a lace-up shirt. So, if you’re going to buy one new accessory this year and you want it to be something stylish, I suggest a pair of lace-up sandals.
When it comes to lace-up sandals, there is truly something for everyone. You can find dainty flat versions that are super versatile, chunky platform sandals that are a little more edgy, super feminine lace-up sandals with thin heels, comfy lace-up wedges that are great for every day wear, or lace-up sandals with a small heel… and I can keep going, but I won’t. They’re fun, they’re ridiculously pretty to look at and photograph, and they can be worn with anything. Need some inspiration? Here are 20 style tips on how to wear lace-up sandals this year, with lots of outfit ideas. Now it’s just time for an #ootd.
1. Keep it simple: the perfect summer outfit this year is a comfy dress, a pair of flat lace-up sandals, and a cute hat.
2. Go for a sexier vibe with an off-the-shoulder top, lace-up heels, and a pair of cropped destroyed jeans.
3. You can also opt for something super feminine – lace-up sandals look so cute with a midi skirt and plain top.
4. Make a plain black dress more interesting by adding a vest and, of course, lace-up sandals. The strappy shoes keep this look from being too boring.
5. Cuff up your favorite pair of jeans to show off your lace-up sandals. Bonus points if they have an eye-catching print, like leopard.
6. Go for some serious boho vibes with an off-the-shoulder crop top, choker, high-waisted shorts, and lace-up sandals.
7. Let your lace-up sandals peak out from underneath a pretty maxi skirt.
8. Lace-up sandals look great with any sundress, but especially a super bright one.
9. Get a pair of lace-up sandals with a small heel – it makes jeans and a blouse look instantly more summery.
10. Pair flat lace-up sandals with a casual jumpsuit for the comfiest, easiest outfit ever.
11. Actually… this might be the comfiest look out there. Lace-up sandals make denim shorts and a light sweater look more put-together.
12. Is there an easier summer look than a bright maxi dress and lace up sandals? I think not.
13. Opt for a pair of embellished lace-up sandals, like these with bright pom-poms, for something unique and fun.
14. Pair your lace-up sandals with printed shorts and a white tee for a versatile outfit.
15. Opt for lace-up heeled sandals for a special night out.
16. Wear your favorite romper with flat lace-up sandals for the best summer outfit.
17. Black jeans and a tank top get a cute update with some lace-up sandals.
18. Make a crop top, shorts, and a kimono look even cuter with a pair of strappy sandals.
19. Take your summer LBD up a notch with lace-up sandals.
20. Even a white button down and plain jeans look cooler when worn with lace-up sandals.