11 Tough-Girl Combat Boots That Slay All Day 2017
Anjerika Wilmer Oct 11, 2017
Step aside, over-the-knee boots and slouch boots. While Doc Martens have arguably been making the rounds since back in the day (hello, ’90s era punk), fall 2017 signals the return of these tough-girl stompers as we know it. Not only do they convey just the right amount of edge when teamed alongside a slinky slip dress and a trend-right army jacket, but they’re also game for any upcoming slippery city commutes. Make way for 11 trusty combat boots that prove the season’s military revival is alive and kicking.
1. T.U.K. Footwear Velvet Vegan Boot ($100): You had us at crushed velvet boots with rock ‘n’ roll undertones. We 10/10 recommend fishnet tights and ripped jeans (sorry, mom) for a night on the town.
2. Schutz Zumira Lace Up Combat Boots ($290): Part bohemian, part cool-girl-in-training: These classic combat boots from Schutz won’t steer you wrong. Lead the fashion pack with some paint splatter jeans or a dark floral midi skirt come after-hours.
3. Dr. Martens x Lazy Oaf 1461 ($135): Cupid has spoken, and we approve. We’ve got nothing but heart eyes for these embroidered stompers from Lazy Oaf’s cute AF collab with Dr. Martens.
Article Continues Below
4. FP Collection Fort Night Lace Up Boot ($248): Basic betches, unite! You’ll wear these lace-up combat boots to the pumpkin patch and fall tailgates alike — just add peekaboo ruffle trim leg warmers for that fall feeling.
5. ASOS Reaction Hiker Ankle Boots ($56): These are not your everyday hiking boots — that’s fo’ sure. The eastern-inspired jacquard embroidery practically calls for a fit-and-flare velvet frock and shimmery trouser socks.
6. Shellys London Finn Combat Boot ($179): Take style cues from Zenon with these space age-approved combat boots that boast maj traffic-stopping potential.
7. Zara Leather Ankle Boots With Faux Pearls ($119): FROW-ready stompers that would do Karl Lagerfeld proud, right this way. The Chanel-inspired pearl embellishments will command attention from the fashion-y set.
8. Steve Madden Laurie ($130): Listen up, modern-day GI Jane types! Grab your off-duty bomber jacket, ’cause these sexy utility booties are ready to strut. Their. Stuff.
9. LFL by Lust for Life Boots ($125): Did someone say legs for days? Oh yeah. Embrace a work hard, slay harder ‘tude a la these headlining OTK boots with Kardashian-level drama.
10. Charles & Keith Brogue Detail Combat Boots ($69): Didn’t think white laced combat boots were a viable option for fall? Guess again. You can count on these bad boys lookin’ supa fly with an oversized sweatshirt dress for a getup that reads athluxury 2.0.
11. Dr. Martens 1460 Smooth Boot ($135): Meet the OG of combat boots — good ol’ Docs, of course — that you’ll reach for without hesitation. Go grunge with borrowed-from-the-boys flannel or channel your inner A.Chung with a patent mini and nubby knit sweater